The Easiest Way to Immigrate to the US |


The Easiest Way to Immigrate to the US

There is no single easiest way to immigrate to the US, each case differs and depends on several factors. These factors include country of origin, education level, work experience, family ties, and language, among others. However, we can admit that some may be faster or easier compared to others, depending on the demand and availability of visas.


For instance, the visa lottery can be a form of easiest way to immigrate to the US since you don’t need a sponsor or labor certification but minimum education or experience requirements must be met. However, it’s also a very random way, as your luck must work for you since you’re competing with other applicants.

Furthermore, another form of the easiest way to immigrate to the US is the student visa. You must obtain a valid offer of admission from an accredited educational institution. Also, you must show that you have enough funds to pay for your tuition and living expenses. This visa could be a stepping stone to secure a work visa or Green Card in the future.

Generally, the most demanding ways to immigrate to the US are those that involve a higher demand and lower supply of visas like family or work visas. The United States remains the number one destination for many immigrants around the world. In this article, we’ll list some of the normal routes to immigrate to the US.

We will also discuss the different types of immigration programs and discuss which options might be the best for you. Let’s get started!

How to Immigrate to the US

There are two sure ways you can immigrate to the US. You can either move with an immigrant visa, which provides you with permanent residency in the country. Or you can move with a non-immigrant visa which doesn’t give you any permanent rights to remain in the country. Whether it’s an immigrant or non-immigrant visa, applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the specific visa that they are applying for.


Immigrant and Non-immigrant Visas

There is a major difference between these two types of visas. Scroll down!

Immigrant VisaImmigrating to the US can come in various forms. However, the most common understanding of immigrating to the US is gaining permanent residency, which means obtaining a green card. A green card is an authorization that gives you freedom of employment for any employer and allows you to qualify for US citizenship if you pass all other requirements.

Non-Immigrant VisaThe other option is to immigrate to the US temporarily. Well, this option is open for individuals who want to work, visit, or study. Additionally, you can renew most non-immigrant visas, so that you can stay in the country for longer. However, they do not provide you with PR status like immigrant visas do.

The Easiest US Immigrant Visa 

Below are some of the easiest ways to immigrate to the US. Read on!

1. Diversity Immigrant Visa Program 

Many people may think that the easiest way to immigrate to the US is via the Diversity Visa Program. It’s quite correct if you’re from a country with a record of low visits to the US.

However, the chances of getting selected and winning the DV lottery are small. If you get picked through the lottery, you’ll be eligible for an immigrant visa which can lead to permanent residency in the US.

2. Family-based Immigration 

Are you an immediate relative of a US citizen, especially if married to a US citizen? Then, obtaining family-based immigration is the easiest way to immigrate to the US. For this visa, there are usually no limitations or delays.

3. Employment-based Immigration 

For the employment-based Green Card, you must have a valid job offer from a US employer. Therefore, it is much easier for foreign workers to immigrate through this route.

4. Student Visa 

The Student Visa is a remarkable option for individuals who are seeking to immigrate to the US without a job offer.

5. Investment-based Immigration 

For the investment-based option, you will need to have a large sum of money to invest in a commercial enterprise in the US.

The Easiest US Non-Immigrant Visa

Student Visas Route

Are you searching for the easiest way to immigrate to the US? Try the student route! Foreigners who want to immigrate to the USA without a job offer should consider educational immigration.

Meanwhile, if you want to obtain a Student Visa, you must become a full-time student in the US. It’s a non-immigrant visa that is divided into an F-1 Visa and an M-1 Visa.

1. F-1 Visa

The F-1 Visa (Academic Student) is for international students who are pursuing a full-time program at an accredited US university, college, or high school. As well as in elementary school, conservatory, seminary, academic institution, or language training programs.

However, to qualify for the F-1 Visa, you must enroll in the course of study or a program to obtain a degree, certificate, or diploma. Also, your enrolled school must be authorized to accept international students in the US.

2. M-1 Visa

The M-1 Visa (Vocational Student) is for international students who want to engage in a vocational study or non-academic program outside language training. However, there’s another alternative for immigrating to the US for educational purposes.

The J Exchange Visa, even though it’s not under the Student Visa umbrella. It’s for high school and university students who are participating in an exchange program in the US.

Documents You Need for a Student Visa Application

Below are the documents you may need for your Student Visa application.

  1. A valid International passport for at least six months beyond your stay in the US, except if country-specific agreements exempt you. Meanwhile, if you are going with your dependents, they must also obtain their passports.
  2. A Non-immigrant Visa Application (the confirmation page of Form DS-160).
  3. A passport photograph for filing the Online Form DS-160. Ensure it meets the photograph requirements.
  4. Your application fee payment receipt (in case you need to pay before your interview).
  5. Your Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status as an Academic and Language Student. Or Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (M-1) Student Status as a Vocational Student or Form I-20.

Immigrating to the US with a Green Card

The US Green Card is an authorization that is issued to foreigners looking to become lawful permanent residents in the US. It’s a physical card that represents an immigrant’s right to permanently live and work in the US.

As such, you must obtain an immigrant visa which grants you entry to the US at the beginning of your Green Card application process. Below, we have compiled the types of US Green Cards. Scroll down!

1. Family-Based Green Cards

The US permits citizens and lawful permanent residents to petition for their dependents who reside abroad to obtain a Green Card and live in the US indefinitely. If you have a US citizen parent, spouse, child, or sibling, you will likely qualify for a US Green Card. However, there are a limited number of family-based Green Card applications processed from each country.

You should try to apply early so you don’t have to wait another year. Listed below are the categories of people who are eligible for a family Green Card and are not subject to any limits or delays. Let’s check it out!

  1. The spouse of a US citizen (qualifies for the IR-1 Visa).
  2. An unmarried child of less than 21 years of a US citizen (qualifies for the IR-2 Visa).
  3. Also, an orphan adopted by a US citizen abroad (qualifies for the IR-3).
  4. An orphan adopted in the US by a citizen (qualifies for the IR-4.Visa).
  5. Additionally, a parent of a US citizen who is at least 21 years old (qualifies for the IR-5 Visa).

2. Employment-Based Green Cards

The employment-based Green Card is issued to foreign nationals who wish to reside permanently and work in the US. Usually, employers in the United States will petition on behalf of foreign workers to the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) to obtain a Green Card.

Therefore, you can qualify for an employment-based Green Card if you belong to any of the five employment-based preference categories. Listed below are these categories.

  1. Priority (First Preference) Worker.
  2. Highly Skilled Professional (Second Preference Worker).
  3. Third Preference Worker.
  4. Special Immigrants (Fourth Preference Worker)
  5. Investors (Fifth Preference Worker)

3. Diversity Lottery Program

The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program is initiated by the Department of State (DOS). It is held every year to allot 50,000 immigrant visas through a lottery pool. It aims to enhance and strengthen diversity in the immigrant population of the US.

However, to be eligible for the program, you must be a foreign national from a country that has a historically low immigration rate to the United States. Although being selected in the Diversity Visa Lottery does not automatically guarantee a Green Card. It simply implies that you and your relatives are eligible for one. 


There is no single easiest way to immigrate to the US, however, some immigration pathways are simple and easier while others take time. We hope our comprehensive guide on the easiest way to immigrate to the US is informative enough. Good luck!


The Complete Guide to Canada's Express Entry Program and How to Qualify

Leave a Reply